Live Training Event in Los Angeles, CA
March 26th through 31st, 2012
(Please Note the Change of Dates!)
Well folks, we have a rare opportunity here. Due to a confluence of events and logistical advantages, we are now offering a week-long LIVE training event in Los Angeles, CA, this coming March 26-31.
Is this training event for you? Answer these questions to find out:
- Are you struggling to find fulfillment (and good money) in the world of audio engineering?
- Are you ready to fast-track your career as a Television Sound Guy, getting paid to travel all over the world doing what you love to do?
- Are you ready to commit 10 hours a day for 6 days in a row in Los Angeles, CA?
- Are you ready to commit to your success in this new career?
What will you get from this training?
You will get complete and utter hands-on experience and training from veteran TV sound mixers ready to show you all the tips and tricks of how to launch a successful career in Television sound. Here’s a run down of the schedule:
- Monday March 26: We’ll cover both Module 1 – Audio Basics, and Module 2 – Signal Flow Applied
- Tuesday March 27: We’ll focus on Module 3 – The Dreaded Wireless, and as time permits, we will also include an Advanced Module – Portable Digital Multi-Track Recorder/Mixer setups.
- Wednesday March 28: Module 4 – Run n’ Gun and What’s Expected at the Shoot – this is where we’ll bring in experienced camera operators for you to practice with. There’s no better way to learn than by just doing it yourself.
- Thursday March 29: Module 5 – Survival Gear – we’ll take a trip over to the best place in LA to buy audio gear and get you all setup with your own survival kit (gear cost not included in course fee)
- Friday March 30: Module 6 – Your First Gig – how to get it, and what to do when you’re there.
- Saturday March 31: Module 7 – Your Budding Career – how to make your new career pay.
Bonus #1 – Unlimited Access to a Veteran Sound Guy
Unlimited access to Blair Halver himself via phone or email for up to 12 months after your training. Call him when you’re on set and you’re having trouble with some gear, call him late at night to talk about long walks on the beach – talk about whatever you want because you’ve got his cell phone number! Value: Priceless!
Bonus #2 – Your Own Freelancer’s Website
Without a website, you have no presence. We’ll set you up through our partner, LocalWebHQ, with your very own freelancer’s website, hosting your online resume and contact info. This is a great tool to use when marketing your services to production companies. You buy the domain name ($10/year) and we’ll design and host it for you for free for one year. Value: $1,750
Bonus #3 – Advanced Training on How To Get Gigs
We’ll provide you advanced networking training to show you how to tap into your existing network of contacts to develop a booming freelance business. It’s easier than you think, and your gold mine is right under your nose. Value: $497
POTENTIAL Bonus #4 – Take a trip to an actual TV Shoot to see first-hand how it all works.
This is a big maybe, but we are working on getting our students behind-the-scenes access to an actual TV shoot where you can see first-hand how awesome it is working in this industry. Value: Priceless
Bonus #5 – Introductions to Industry Professionals
Let Blair introduce you to his personal network of industry professionals so that you can start your career off knowing the right people. It’s all about knowing the right people in this business, and that’s what we’re going to give you here. Value: $1 Million Freakin’ Dollars
Bonus #6 – Your Own Audio Kit for Training Week
We’ll provide all the gear and tools necessary for your training, including your own individual ENG Audio Kit complete with mixer, wireless mics and boom to use during your training. Value: $750
Bonus #7 – Official SoundGuySchool Certification T-Shirt
Upon graduation from our program, you’ll receive an official SoundGuySchool certification T-Shirt that you can proudly wear on set. Value: $20
Bonus #8 – Surprise Bonus – Your First Piece of Gear
This is a surprise mystery bonus that will be your first piece of gear for your new career, a piece of gear that you’ll use every single day you’re working, one of the primary pieces of gear that will make your job 10 times easier every single time you use it.
- Six full days of live, hands-on training to launch your career as a TV Sound Guy. Value: Priceless
- Work with actual, working camera operators to practice your new skills. Value: Priceless
- 12 months unlimited access to Blair Halver himself via phone or email. Value: Priceless
- Your own Freelancer’s Website and 12 months of hosting for free. Value $1,750
- Advanced Training on How To Get Gigs Consistently. Value $497
- POTENTIAL Behind-the-Scenes Access to a real TV Shoot! Value: Priceless
- Introductions to Industry Professionals. Value $1 Million Freakin’ Dollars
- Your Own Audio Kit for Training. Value $750
- Official SoundGuySchool Certification T-Shirt. Value $20
- Surprise Mystery Bonus piece of Gear that you’ll use for the duration of your Career as a TV Sound Guy. Value $100
Yes! I want to launch my career as a TV Sound Guy and get paid large sums of money to travel the world and do the only thing I really really love to do – Audio!
I understand that the best way to learn a new skill is to find someone who’s doing what I want to do and learn directly from them.
I understand that knowledge and skill requires an investment of my time and finances, but the rewards of which are invaluable and can never be taken away from me.
Space is limited, we can only accept 7 more applicants – on a first come first serve basis. Early registration will close on February 26th, 2012. The price of the training will go up by $1,000 after February 26th.
If you want to come, register NOW before it’s too late.
Please note that all fees paid are non-refundable. As there are hard costs involved with this training event, we cannot offer our typical 110% money-back guarantee. But rest assured that if for whatever reason you are not completely satisfied, we will do everything in our power to make it right!